I am a new mom and just gave birth last November 2012 to a baby boy named Caleb. One of the mom’s concerns is taking care of the delicate skin of baby. Caleb is just one month when his doctor said that he is starting to have a diaper rash and asked me to buy a cleanser and lotion for his bottom cleansing. Aside from the products I have, I started searching for a better quality and delicate product that Caleb needs to have. It was when I found MUSTELA PRODUCTS in the internet.
Being unfamiliar with Mustela, I emailed them to inquire about it and asked them if they can give me out some sample to try it out, and then give a review at my blog before I buy. So generous of them when they gave me this pack.
Out from the bag are travel size products of 50ml each Mustela Bebe and Mustela 9 months Products.
The products are the following in sample size form:
Mustela bebe Dermo Cleansing Gel for Hair and Body
– bath product for newborns
Mustela bebe Physiobebe No-Rinse Cleansing Fluid
– face and diaper area cleanser for baby without need for rinsing off
Mustela bebe Cleansing Milk
– face and diaper area cleanser for baby that needs to be rinsed off
Mustela bebe Hydrabebe Body Lotion
– body lotion for normal skin.
Mustela 9 months Post-Partum Nursing Comfort Balm
– nipple cream for breastfeeding
Mustela 9 months Post-Partum Restructuring Gel
– helps firm up lose skin or skin that has sagged after pregnancy and childbirth
Mustela 9 months Post-Partum Specific Support Bust
– helps prevent the sagging of the breasts
Mustela Massage Oil
– non mentholated chest rub
Mustela Dermo Pediatrie Stelatria
– first aid healing cream for rashes and minor skin irritations
When I receive this, I use it for Caleb’s needs like during bath time. The Mustela bebe Dermo Cleansing Gel for Hair and Body. (Oh! For the picture, Caleb usually cries when I am starting to bathe him but then stops after few moments)
The Mustela bebe Dermo Cleansing Gel for Hair and Body. It has the following properties: Cleanses while respecting the integrity of the scalp’s hydrolipidic film: Soap-Free, neutral pH, Super-fatted agents (derived from coconut) compensate for drying effects of tap water, Soothes sensitive skin with vitamin B5., Does not sting the eyes, Formulated to minimize the risk of allergic reaction.
I put a small amount of it in a washcloth and lather it from his hair, face, to the whole body. The small amount is enough for scrubbing Caleb’s body. It is also easy to rinse, its scent is great, somewhat similar to “ice water” scent baby cologne if you know that. At the same time it smells sweet. Even after rinsing you can smell the fragrance. Its color is orange and in gel form. After the bath, I give Caleb the Mustela Massage Oil to rub at his back and give him a massage. It is non-greasy and texture is like dry oil, and perfume scent too. Then to prevent dry skin.
I gave the Mustela bebe Hydrabebe Body Lotion to continuously makes his skin smooth and no allergies, texture isvery liquid and so white as if you are pouring out milk into his body. A full size of it looks like this
For the diaper change, I used Mustela bebe Cleansing Milk, since it needs to be rinsed-off, I used it at home, its good for his delicate skin, it plants oils to prevent skin from drying out, its texture is creamy, however, since we lived here in Benguet, when its cold, the creamy texture soilidifies.
(Like what is happening with cooking oil here), so you need to shake it well first to liquefy it. When we goes out like for doctor’s check-up and it happened that Caleb need to have a diaper change, I used the Mustela bebe Physiobebe No-Rinse Cleansing Fluid, just place a small amount in cotton, wipe the dirt away by dabbing into his bottom then no need to rinse.
See sample image below:
(cleansing milk on left picture, right picture is no rinse cleanser)
Mustela 9 months Post-Partum Nursing Comfort Balm is my bestfriend during my first breastfeeding moments. When I feel pain in my nipples, I just put a small amount and in just a few seconds I was relieved.
I also used the Mustela 9 months Post-Partum Restructuring Gel to help firm up lose skin or skin that has sagged after pregnancy and childbirth. It is orange in color and in solid gel form.
When I felt tightness on my bust, I am applying the Mustela 9 months Post-Partum Specific Support Bust, after dabbing a small amount into the neck area of bust, tightness feeling was instantly relieved. The Mustela Dermo Pediatrie Stelatria will help to fight skin dryness too and a daily cleanser for irritated skin. It is fragrance free and coloring free.
– skin care EXPERT for babies and mothers-to-be
– founded in 1950; 62 years experience in the baby skin care market
– manufactured by Laboratoires Expanscience, the 6th largest independent laboratory in France
– consistently No. 1 in European Pharmacies (Europe IMS as of April 2012)
– all products tested under pediatric and dermatological control
– complies with European Cosmetic Directive, French Code of Public Health, Food and Drug Administration of the Philippines, and all the 60 other countries where it is distributed
– prescribed, tested and used by doctors, medical and healthcare professionals, partner of maternities and hospitals
– ingredients compose of at least 80% to 98% from natural origins, per product
– NO paraben, phthalate, phenoxyethanol
– NO alcohol, essential oils
– highly tolerant on eyes and skin
Four (4) product ranges of Mustela:
1. Mustela Bebe – for normal skin
2. Mustela Dermo-Pediatrics – for sensitive, atopic skin, eczema, problem skin
3. Mustela 9 Months – for pregnant and breastfeeding moms
4. Mustela Sun Protection – sunblock for normal or sensitive skin
(Mustela Philippines’ website)
Facebook: Mustela Philippines
Mustela have its branch at the following store:
Trinoma, Robinsons Ermita, Glorietta 4, Alabang Town Center, Greenhills, Megamall, Shangrila.
Now, I am starting to love Mustela Products, even Caleb’s pedia recommend it. If you want a product that is best in quality and is really delicate to your baby’s skin. Use these products now. Highly recommended! Me and my baby Caleb were happy using it! =)